The U.S. Mission in Vietnam seeks qualified candidates for the 2021 Fulbright Vietnamese Visiting Scholar Program (VSP).
Eligibilities: Fulbright Vietnamese Visiting Scholar applicants must:
- hold an M.A. or Ph.D. degree
- be Vietnamese citizens
- be proficient in English
Applicants should be university faculty, government officials, private sector professionals, work at a think tank, or occupy similar occupations. Applicants will be expected to have a significant record of scholarly or professional accomplishment. Applicants must reside in Vietnam throughout the nomination and selection process, and they must return to Vietnam upon completion of their U.S. stay.
Applicants are ineligible to apply if:
- They are currently teaching, studying, or conducting research in the U.S., or who have received a Fulbright grant within the past five
- They have been to the U.S. as a J-1 Exchange Visitor in the category of Professor or Research Scholar within the past two
Grant Length: Applicant may choose a grant for a semester (5 months) or full academic year (9 months)
- A-semester grant (5 months) must begin in September 2021 or January 2022
- One academic year grant (9 months) must begin in September 2021
The following materials comprise a complete application:
- Project proposal
- Curriculum vitae
- Letters of recommendation (three are required)
- Letter of invitation (preferred, but not required)
Candidates will access the on-line application at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2021. Only online applications submitted before or by October 15th, 2020 are considered eligible.
Fields of study: Applicants of various disciplines in the social sciences and humanities, science, and technology are welcome to apply.
Affiliation in the U.S.: Any appropriate institution in the U.S.
Deadline: October 15th, 2020 at 17:00 (Vietnam time zone)
Point of contact: Fulbright Program Assistant
Phone: (024) 3850-5000 x 6225