Tra Vinh University becomes the Head of VALOMA in the Mekong Delta regional brand

121

TVU – Tra Vinh University cooperated with Vietnam Association for Logistics Manpower Development (VALOMA) to launch the Mekong Delta regional branch.

The VALOMA conference had the presence of nearly 30 member businesses from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, and 12 new members in the Mekong Delta region. VALOMA has launched the Mekong Delta regional branch and announced the decision to appoint Tra Vinh University as the head of the branch.

A seminar also took place at the conference on the need for logistics human resource development and the operational orientation of the VALOMA Association in the Mekong Delta region along with groups of training solutions, applications, and practices for the development of logistics human resources.

Mr. Lê Thanh Bình, Vice Chairman of Tra Vinh Provincial People’s Committee said: At the conference on “Promoting the development of waterway transport for goods import and export in the Mekong Delta” held in Can Tho City, the Vietnam Maritime Administration (within the Ministry of Transport) assessed that the number of goods imported and exported directly through groups regional seaports was excessively small, only about 9%, while the remaining 91% had to go through other seaports in Ho Chi Minh City and Ba Ria – Vung Tau province.

Currently, most of the export goods of the Mekong Delta region are being transported to the ports of Ho Chi Minh City and the Southeast region for export. Meanwhile, the Mekong Delta does not have a general logistics company. Developing the logistics system has a positive impact on the development of manufacturing and service industries in the economy of the region in general and Tra Vinh province in particular. Therefore, training human resources to meet development needs is an urgent task at the present.

Vice Chairman of Tra Vinh Provincial People’s Committee highly appreciated Tra Vinh University for promptly establishing the Logistics and E-Commerce Training Center to serve the needs of training logistics human resources for the Mekong Delta region. Tra Vinh University becoming the president of VALOMA in the Mekong Delta region will make an important contribution to the region and Tra Vinh province in terms of logistics service development.

According to Assoc. Prof. Dr. Diệp Thanh Tùng, Vice President of Tra Vinh University, with the strong growth of the logistics industry, the development potential, and demand for human resources in the logistics industry in the current time and the coming years are forecasted to stable growth.

Tra Vinh University has established the Logistics and E-Commerce Training Center to serve the urgent needs of developing logistics human resources in the Mekong Delta and receive the high support of VALOMA and the Tra Vinh Provincial Economic Zone Management Board. This is a pioneering step for Tra Vinh University in the context of the scarcity of human resources in the logistics industry.

By Thy Truong